Cocoon Polarized Sunglasses

D

Dwright

Has anyone tried the Cocoon "fit-over" polarized sunglasses? I'm having problems with my contacts and have to resort to glasses, leaving me without a polarized sunglass option. Are they worth the $40?

Are they worth $40? No, not to me, but you don't have much choice if you wear glasses. Certainly a lot cheaper than prescription sunglasses. Cocoons or FitOvers are both good, just be sure to put them back in the case when not wearing them, and use a microfiber cloth to clean them because the plastic lenses scratch easily.

here is the same discussion we had last spring...Paul found it helpful.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8327&forum=3&post_id=89565#forumpost89565

Yes, they're worth it. I recommend the yellow lenses.

I used them before i got LASIK and liked them

I got a pair of polarized perscription glasses made at sams club for under 100.00 bucks. Just as good as the 300.00 pair they were replacing.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pick up a pair of yellow tint Cocoons. I know I'm missing fish by not seeing them, though that be more closely connected to a clumsy approach.

I scannd the link from tomgamber and liked what wetnet posted about looking old. Time just doesn't slow down. I had to get progressive lenses to read and tie on flies.

get amber the best all around color for streams. I use clip ons with a pair of side shields. 24.95 for the clip ons and made the side shieds from neoprene. I can see right to the bottom.(fishermans eyeware) for the clip ons..

I have them and I hardly ever use them. I got polarized sun glasses. The fit overs are a pain when you are fishing in cold weather and you are trying to get them over your other glasses and under your hat. If you have contacts, they might be good. As the others said, go with the amber color.

I tried several fitovers and they all stank.Then Cabela's had the cacoons on close out.So I got a pair for 14.95 and love them,they work great and are far more comfortable than others I've tried.And unlike clip ons they keep sun out from the sides too.

Second the yellow lens option...

Think they are great for what they are...

Back