Clearance flyrods at Gander Mtn.

JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

Went in to Gander Mtn. today and they had Guide series flyrods and some St. Croix on clearance ( 50% ) off. This was in Harrisburg Jonestown Rd. I just purchased a new rod Sunday for upcoming season but I could not resist, purchasing yet another rod because of the ridiculously low prices. I bought a Guide Series 9' 7 weight 4 piece for 42 smackeroos. It was the nicer Plateu model originally over $100. Their cheaper ones, ( Pioneer, Frontier, can be had for under 30 dollars. I don't use heavier weights often enough to spend a lot of money on them so I feel like I couldn't have done better for a cheap bass rod. I guess now I'll pair it up with a cheap reel and some line and that will be my first Bass outfit. If you need a cheap rod you can't miss out on this one, I'll have to go to the one in York to see if the sale is throughout all of the stores, as they were not on sale a few days ago.

Looks like there are good rod deals to be had today at the big box stores. I just picked one up on a whim at cabelas today.

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped at GM on the way home today and picked up one of the Frontiers for my daughter for $27 (which included the rod tube). I may stop back and pick up a 5 piece 5wt to carry under the seat of my truck for "emergencies".

Cabelas has the Redington CPS on sale again for $150. Sweet rod. Everything 7wt and over is sold out, but they have some nice 4, 5, and 6 wts.

I got the 9 foot 4 wt for Christmas.

link

Yeah, I forgot to ask for the rod tube when I bought it at Gander. Ok though, I have a spare tube because everytime I buy a rod it usually comes with one, but I prefer the ones that hold your rod with the reel attached, so I never use the ones that come with them. I like the ones with the reel case because I don't put my rod together near the car (if ya know what I mean).

I went to the one in Harrisburg today and picked up and 8 weight for 40 bucks and got an okuma reel for 80, now all I need is some line and I am ready to go steelheadin

I was there on Monday and was looking at stuff again in Harrisburg bought some hooks and a T.U. Magazine. Did you get the Large Arber Okuma Integrity with the star type drag adjustment, cause I was looking at that style and for some reason I liked the drag better than the expensive models. I bought a T.F.O rod and I'm still looking for a reel for it. Just puzzled as why it was cheaper and felt better thought I saw some plastic parts in the drag assembly but for a 4 weight as long as it would hold up it was smooth as silk. Just didn't have one in that weight.

Yes it was the okuma integrity I 8/9 with the star shaped drag adjustment. It seems pretty good to me but this is my first heavy duty real (the largest rod before the 8 weight was a 5). All I need to do is order some 8 weight line and some backing then make a trip up to Erie to try it out. Here is a link to the reel.
http://www.okumafishingteam.com/reels/fly/integrity.html

Well i ended up back in GM over the weekend and picked up a 5 piece 6wt for $30. It is now safely tucked under the seat of my truck with a spare reel. Have a small pack at home with some generic flies, simple tools and a spool of 4x tippet that will go in tonight. i alway carry my license in the console so i will be ready if the opportunity presents itself.

Back