classes for fly tying

B

bugaboo

Found this site and I've been looking for lessons on tying? Live in the northeast. just wondering if anyone knows where i can find any. With my work schedule i'm willing to take private lessons. I would like to start out the right way.

You and me Both!!!! LOL I heard that LL BEAN in the Promenade Shops in Center Valley hold them on Tuesday nights. I havent been able to check them out yet, but really considering it very soon!!

For both of you I HIGHLY recommend you attend this:

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/open-forums/beginner-forum/planning-the-2012-newbie-jam/21,23025.html

It's total free only cost may be your sanity.

Bugaboo & Flyfishmedic732,

I am in the Lehigh Valley and might be able to help you guys out. I have been teaching new tyer's for a long time. I can help you out with tool and material selection, proper tying techniques, and actual patterns.

If you are interested you can PM me your phone and/or email and I will contact you.

Thank you, Tony

Tony300wby wrote:
Bugaboo & Flyfishmedic732,

I am in the Lehigh Valley and might be able to help you guys out. I have been teaching new tyer's for a long time. I can help you out with tool and material selection, proper tying techniques, and actual patterns.

If you are interested you can PM me your phone and/or email and I will contact you.

Thank you, Tony

This!

I highly recommend this gentleman. His tying skills are incredible, and he's taught many hundreds of beginning tyers.

Tony taught the beginners at the Tying Jam back in December.

H.A.

PM me for info. I know a guy in Ohio that does private lessons. The guy I know in Ohio can teach anything from realistics to your basics. I am not sure how far away your located. Also If you need some free information on tying I won't hesitate to talk to you on the phone. That goes for anyone on here. PM me and I'll be happy to help anyone out with tying. I didn't have anyone to teach me and I know how hard it is to get started.

They live in NE PA.... Ohio is not all that convenient.

Go for the private instruction and go to the Newbie Jam too. You'll learn a whole lot in one day there. Wish I had the time this year to put it on out in my area, but just not the case.

If you can't make it to private lessons I know a couple of guys that my daughter went to college with taught themselves to ty using youtube. It sounds nuts but they are all still tying.

"I'm only after the dumb ones"

Back