clarks

C

cdogedoger

heading out to clarks this week. any one fish there recently. any info. is great.

thanks
john

Was just out Thursday for about an hour. Got a real pretty wild brown on a sort of hornberg/giant mayfly immitation on a streamer hook. Water was definitely getting cooler, and I saw a ton of jumpy trout. I'll be out around first light tomorrow, so I'll try to update.

Boyer

Hi, I haven't fished Clark's in awhile, but I used to quite abit. I just wanted to pass on a few things, 'cause some folks seem to think Clarks is kinda tough.

the fish get a little spooky when the water is low, but they are well accustomed to anglers and they are generally hungry. Wade slowly, wear camo , but don't go to crazy trying to "hide" from the fish. I do best just quietly shuffling through the pools and keeping my casts "short" 20-25. I do well with 5 o 6x tippet and general purpose dark attractors like an Adams oral Renegade. Try terrestrials also.

If you get frustrated, try an inchworm. And around dark, put on a green weenie.

Clarks is a pretty stream with "some" wild fish. those are usually caught above the fly-stretch. there are also a few big fish, but compared to the Cumberland Valley Streams nearby, they are very rare. Good Luck!

Padraic

Back