Christmas in January

O

outsider

FrequentTyer built a new rod for me, and I picked it up today. He used a TFO Finesse blank (7'-9" 3 weight), with a Dragonwood insert and cigar uplocking grip/reel seat. Absoultely beautiful! Thanks Mike, post some pictures for me.

outsider wrote:
FrequentTyer built a new rod for me, and I picked it up today. He used a TFO Finesse blank (7'-9" 3 weight), with a Dragonwood insert and cigar uplocking grip/reel seat. Absoultely beautiful! Thanks Mike, post some pictures for me.
I'm really glad you liked the final product! This was a fun build. The blank is just fantastic both in the way it looks and the nice moderate to slow action. Kirk's choice of hardware nicely complimented the blank. Now I can't wait to build one for myself.

Attachments

• TFOFinesss3wt_1.JPG
    TFOFinesss3wt_1.JPG
    475.2 KB · Views: 5
  • TFOFinesss3wt_2.JPG
    TFOFinesss3wt_2.JPG
    475.1 KB · Views: 2
Just curious - you built something that beautiful but the only thing is see is the TFO logo. Do you add anything on the blank (mark, signature, etc.) that says you built it? If not, you should.

McSneek wrote:
Just curious - you built something that beautiful but the only thing is see is the TFO logo. Do you add anything on the blank (mark, signature, etc.) that says you built it? If not, you should.

Thank you for the compliment and suggestion. I've gotten to the point where initials and a date code are about all I put on a rod. For this build we were going for subtle, and Kirk decide that he didn't want any additional writing on the rod. Since the TFO logo was already on the blank and about as far from subtle as you can get, I think he made the right choice. There are plenty of unique features to set the rod off from a factory model. As far as needing to mark it for myself, I think a satisfied customer is better advertising than a signature on a blank.
Mike.

Really nice looking wraps. I like that cigar grip too.

Back