chester creek delco - kings mills restriction

M

mediafly

Does anyone have experience and/or knowledge of the specific stream restriction and rules of the subject stretch of water? I was wading upstream this morning from the little league fields and was (unpolitely) told that this was a no trespassing area....I did see signs posted on the banks, but my understanding of the regulation was that the water rights were not part of the restriction. I left without arguement but I am looking for anyone with knowledge of this area. Ran into a few other fisherman who said they got the same treatment while wading.

Of course there are several other good stretches to fish, but this area was particularly productive (25+ fish in about 2 hours) while I was there.

I have fished that section and also been told the same thing. It's my understanding that Kings Mill doesn't want fisherman there due to all the weddings they have and the problems it likely causes. I probably wouldn't want some guy fishing in the background of my wedding pictures either so I understand it. I'm not sure if it is a legitimate "No Trespassing" zone, but if Chester Creek is considered a navigable waterway then I believe you can fish there all you want provided you access from a public area. I just avoid the headache all together, but there are some excellent riffles that hold a lot of trout.

I did a little checking and chester creek is a navigable waterway so his arguement is invalid....that said, if their concern is people fishing in the background of photos, I can appreciate that. I will also try to avoid this area, and the headaches, in the future.

That whole stretch is good so I have always resisted the urge to fish the posted area. With the high water we have had Chester (and most other De Co. streams) have been fishing well all season, and you can rack up a pretty big number in most areas. Even the "bobber and Snoopy rod" holes have been producing well. My point is, it is is easy enough to go downstream or elsewhere and find good holding water, so why even deal with the tension areas?

Back