Chest Pack question.

Opie610

Opie610

Looking for a new chest pack and have it narrowed down between the Umpqua Overlook 500 and the William Joseph Confluence. Does anyone have experience with either of these.

Thanks

Go here: http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=173&keywords=Confluence

Also, do a search. I did a review with some measurements.

I have the magnetic confluence, and love it. The zingers are too low, and tools would stick to the magnets, so I don't use the zingers. I love not dealing with zippers.

Thanks I pulled the trigger on the confluence.

Nice. I'm in the process of customizing mine. Mostly shortening straps, and sewing extra material onto the shoulder strap to attach my net release.

Magnetic net release hooked to the big plastic top loop in the back. I have the magnet on the net zip tied to the hoop. Then I use the paracord that is usually attached to the handle attached the the black tags on the back at the bottom side. Stays out of my way and if it pops off the magnet it is still attached to the pack. When i use it to land a fish the paracord stays attached to the pack.

I have a Williams Joseph Confluence with the magnet closure system. I love it. It has more room then it looks. The magnets are great when working on changing flies. I have been using chest packs for a long long time. This is my fourth and best. Yes, pull the trigger.

I hook my net to the side on one of the rubber grommet but that me. I am old and can't reach that high anymore.

I have the overlook and i love it. It is huge compared to some packs and the zippers are easy to use one handed. This is the only pack i have owned, so i can't really compare it to anything however. A bonus to the overlook is that it can connect to an umpqua backpack making you be able to carry a ton of gear for long trips, i don't have the backpack but I'm seriously considering it.

I agree with what was said, the W/J magnet closure system is great. You're going to be very happy with your purchase.

I have never tried the WJ but I do like the Umpqua. I have never had an issue with it. I highly recommend it. Good luck.

Back