Check your PM....

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Is it really necessary to say "Check your PM", or "I am sending you a PM". in a thread? My money is on the little red/pink notification of new PM getting to the poster before the post saying "check your PM"

I don't know though, maybe you folfks let your PM box pile up and just look through it when sopmeone tells you to.

Carry on!

With all due respect, I've gone days without checking my pms and have found out I had a message which was by then outdated.
Unless I log in, the little pink box isnt visible. Is there a way to stay logged in?

I hadn't thought about the logging in factor.....

I always log in when I view the board. I guess thats why it seemed so strange to me to see people always asking to check your PM.

A question I would have to those who view without logging is, How do you know what posts you've read or not read?

For me it takes the typing of an M in the login box, then arrow down to select my name from the smart menu dropdown and then with the auto remember password, I hit return.

So its M arrow down and return and I am in. I never viewed it as PITA to log in.

Hey Dan....I know what "with all due respect means".... :-D

Mo,

It creates a session for you whether you log in or not. You can tell which posts you've read if you never log in. Once you log in for the first time in a while, they all go "bright" again.

jayL wrote:
Mo,

It creates a session for you whether you log in or not. You can tell which posts you've read if you never log in. Once you log in for the first time in a while, they all go "bright" again.

It don't doodat fer me.....They all stay unread if not logged in.

Ya it doesn't do that to me either.

I wish there was a "remember me" button.

I'm with Mo.

But I think there are a lot of other useless posts on here, but I just scan over and keep reading.

I hate to say it, please forgive me, but SQ ya got a PM.

Back