Cheaper hooks

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
I received a bunch of PMs concerning a link I posted about buying beads in bulk from “The Fish Guy”. Many asked about the hooks on the site.

http://www.thefishguy.net/hooks.htm

I have tied with these hooks and found them of good quality. They appear to be TMC clones and may or may not be made by that Company. Anyway, they are about half the price of TMC and shipping is free with an order > $50. Give them a try and see what you think. Good luck.

Only question I have is do they send an invoice with your package. I have a mail interceptor/accountant/wife that I'm not very good at splainin' a good justifiable reason for $50.00 worth of hooks. Guess I'm the only one in the world with this problem. Sounds like a good deal to me though!

Here is what you do...order the hooks and when they arrive and she hits the roof...show her the website and that the value of the hooks are $100 not to mention that with 1,000 hooks you could tie $1000 dollars worth of flies.

So in the long run, you saved her $950 dollars. Ask her if she can do that at the grocery store.

Then get a nice soft pillow and sleeping bag. cuz yer sleeping on the couch.! :lol:

Great web site and great place to get some fly tying goodies. Just read your post this afternoon and bought some beads.

Les send me an e-mail one hour ago and beads are on the way!!

Hope to see some of you at the Fly Fishing Show in NJ. I'll be tying flies and signing books. Love Sundays schedule becasue I will be in the authors booth with my old buddy Joe Humphrey

Ok cheap streamer hooks be got at Wally Mart made here in the U.S.A. sizes 8 thru 4 in packs of twenty for 98cents per pack. I use them for the many sunnyand smally foam flys and streamers. They have them in the fishing dept ( go figure) on the bottom shelf in a large white devided box with other bait holder style hooks. The are Aberdene bronze streamer style hooks for fisherman who decoarate their favorite streams with erant back casts like my self and all of my friends. Now if some one can find cheap nymph hooks we might be able to afford another mag. subscription as I along with many have the same accountant., and mail interceptor.

Back