Cheap locations outside of north america

M

montanya

There probably are a million answers to this question. I most likely will be forced to take a month off in January. I plan on spending this month overseas fishing for trout. Does anyone have any suggestions on relatively cheap places to go to fish? south America? australia? I'm talking like staying in a hostel and riding a bike to a body of water.

montanya wrote:
There probably are a million answers to this question. I most likely will be forced to take a month off in January. I plan on spending this month overseas fishing for trout. Does anyone have any suggestions on relatively cheap places to go to fish? south America? australia? I'm talking like staying in a hostel and riding a bike to a body of water.

I'm curious, how much is cheap to you?

Although a tight budget angler, I've got really no experience chasing trout outside the US so this is really just speculation.

I think part of the issue is time of year. I'd suggest Canada, but you seem to be more interested in overseas and Canada won't fish well (if at all) in the dead of winter. I'd consider southern hemisphere. I can't say I'm familiar with prices, but Chile/Patagonia might be worth exploring and, I'd think, would be cheaper than New Zealand.

You are going to get hit pretty hard by airfare for anywhere outside of NA.
What is your budget?

Bahamas, hop a sportfisherman over and back. not sure if ya can still sleep on the beaches, but can try it

january means tropical or southern hemisphere for trout. but that involves $$$ flights and possible access issues

personally, on a limited budget i'd hit the ozarks, the Norfork, White river etc. or NM - San Juan.

for cheap, I'd head to Baja, find a cheap place to stay for the month, fish every day, eat Mexican food and drink beer every night.

I like Bikerfish's idea. The airfare shouldn't be as much and the costs would be lower. Just stay clear of the drug cartels.

Back