Cheap FF stuff

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
FYI. Here’s a great sale for gear for a beginner or for a back-up fly outfit or waders. Fly rods for $39, reels $29, waders $29!

http://www.albrighttackle.com/index.html

What's the scoop on their quality? An 8wt combo for $50 ain't too shabby...

Their stock of wading boots is pretty low though.

it would be pretty funny to use one of their $11.70 rods.
pretty amazing prices i'd have to say.i already have too much stuff,but their $14.70 reel is hard to resist,aluminum body disk drag for that price?

Unfortunately if you don't have the experience you don't know what's good or not. Don't send beginners to a show to buy gear. I've got a very nice Fenwick that I wouldn't sell any beginner. It is a noodle and I spent more time getting untangled than I did fishing when I first started. And don't anyone tell me all the things I did wrong because I did them ALL!! It didn't suit me as soon as I got serious and you can pay allot of money on stuff you don't use. Road kill feathers have mites, bad rods are just that. Take your time. Slow down and talk to some experts if your new to fly fishing. You don't have to believe the first thing you hear but if you spend some time you'll find a rod that will suit you sale or not. Bad rods just suck!! Beginner or not don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I love my new 2nd, 2nd hand rod. It's longer than I thought I could handle and stiffer, but I really like it. Take the time. Skip the shows and find someone that can help you buy a rod.
For the rest of us yes we can sure find a deel. Heard Cabelas had some Sage Rods mismarked for $30. Had a friend pick one up. Says it's a great rod! Don't tell Cabela's!

Back