Cheap but reliable reel

mushumatt

mushumatt

Hey guys, so I sent my reel to or is to get replaced 7 months ago and still haven't received it back. But that's a different story. I'm looking for a cheap 5 wt reel that will be reliable and won't break. I'm back in school, so the more money I can save the better.

Aight thanks man, I'm gonna look into it. It's been a pain fishing the savage with my 2 wt lol

There are cheaper, but I don't know about reliable! I think they go for $60.

If you don't need a large arbor, check out the Okuma Sierra reels as well. I've had one for over 15 years with no failures. They're a little less expensive, but hold less backing and stuff.

Sci Angler's System 1 is rock solid click & pawl reel. It may not be prettly but the one I have has held up for 10+ years... although it hasn't seen much action the past few.

Okuma slv is a great option. The ones I have owned have been abused and have always continued to work.

Your best bet imo is a ross flyrise. $100 bucks and you have a lifetime warranty with great customer service.

I do like Redington's reels, for I believe $100-110 is what the Drift runs and it performs well. I just got last years model of the Rise for $50 off and paid $105 for it.

I'm of the opinion there is no such thing as a cheap reliable reel, but inexpensive, yes! The Orvis Battenkill.

Back