Cheap Accomodation around State College

H

Hairwing

Any of you guys know of cheap accomodation around the State College area?

I am coming up to fish sometime in March and was looking for somewhere to stay for 3 guys preferably self-catering within reasonable distances to Slate Run and/or Spring Creek.

Thanks.

Dear Hairwing,

Define cheap? There is a Comfort Inn at the I-80 exit in Lamar. That puts you within 30 minutes drive to Spring Creek, 5 minutes drive to Big Fishing Creek and about 60 minutes drive to Slate Run. I imagine a room is at least $ 75.00 a night, it was $ 70.00 a night when I stayed there a couple of year ago.

You may want to check the internet for hotels and motels in Lock Haven PA. It will add about 15 minutes to you drive to State College and to Fishing Creek and subtract about the same amount from your drive to Slate Run.

If you are looking for cabin style accomodations I don't think that a lot of them are fully up and operational before April.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

You may also want to check out accomodations in Phillipsburg, there's a couple places there. I'm not sure of the distance from there to the streams you mentioned. I do know the prices are more reasonable than what you'll find in State College.

I do not know if there is a park with cabins near your location. Anyway here is a list of PA state park cabins

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateParks/recreation/rec_printables/cabinstxt.txt

Its State College, Man!!!!

Find a good party the night before, get really hammered and pass out on their couch. Don't you know how to do anything?!?!?!?

Of course you run the risk of waking up with your underwear on your head and your toes painted red and covered head to toe with shaving cream but...heck...if the fishing's good!!!

Back