Change Sage 2550 from left to right hand retrieve

billfrech

billfrech

I have a Sage 2550 that is left hand retrieve, is it possible to change it to right hand retrieve. If so can someone tell me how to do it.

I have taken the drag cover off, but am stuck at that point.

Thanks

Since they don't sell LH or RH retrieve reels, I guarantee that you can change it rather easily. How? I have no idea. Shoot them an e-mail.

http://www.sageflyfish.com/Resources/Drop+Us+a+Line/

They have excellent customer service. I'm sure they can give you simple directions. Good luck.

Thanks, sent an email to them over the weekend.

But am pursuing multiple options.

Sage wrote back with the following instructions, in case anyone else needs them. It also works for the 4550

Retrieve Conversion:
Your reel has been set at the factory for left-hand retrieve. To convert your reel to right-hand retrieve, follow these steps:
1. Remove the spool as described above. 2. Position the reel so that the drag gear is facing you. 3. Remove the drag gear by putting the tips of your index
and 2nd finger of both hands behind the drag gear and lifting the gear towards you. The gear can also be removed by placing a small coin underneath the gear and pressing down on the outer edge of the coin. Note position of the clutch bearing inside.
4. Turn the reel over and tap the case. The clutch bearing will slide out.
5. To change the direction to right-hand retrieve, replace the clutch bearing on the shaft with the bearing number up.
6. Replace drag gear by aligning with the clutch bearing, push and snap into position.

:-D

There ya' go. Good stuff. I'm glad they helped. Nice reel for the price BTW.

Back