Chambersburg/Falling Springs trouting

L

lestrout

I have an unrelated event coming up in a few Saturdays. I thought I would come out (4 hour drive) a day early and ffish some. The last time I ffished Falling Springs was 30 or more years ago. It was at the farm of a friendly family - just had to watch out for the cows. I know TU and others have done a heap of work on the stream, and I gather access has changed around a lot since. I see pix of the Holiday Inn there show what might be Falling Springs itself -

Les, to put it plainly, Falling Springs isn't what it used to be! Lot less access to the majority of the stream.

Les, to put it plainly, Falling Springs isn't what it used to be! Lot less access to the majority of the stream.
I haven't been to Falling Springs in eons either but based on the PFBC maps and the posted section limits of the Fly Fishing Only Stretch, it appears that the "Skelly Meadow" upstream of Edwards Avenue is open to fishing after being posted some years back.

Is this true? If so this may be the "the farm of a friendly family" Les remembers.

I spent many days fishing up there with the cows. ;)

Back