Ceramic insert

NewSal

NewSal

Does anyone know where you can purchase ceramic inserts for bobbins? (just the insert, not the entire bobbin)

Thanks!!

ceramic tube here

https://www.troutline.ro/ceramic-tubes-for-fly-tying-bobbin-holders

you can use an epoxied glass bead to replace anceramic insert or heat shrink tubing

6UN9GZa.jpg

You're the man nfrechet!

A coworker of mine 3d-printed me a rite style bobbin. Just needs an insert. Right now its using a wd-40 straw, they arent very friendly on fine thread.

Couldnt find anywhere just selling the inserts. Thank You!
I'll post pictures when its all finished up, its actually quite nice..

NewSal wrote:
You're the man nfrechet!

A coworker of mine 3d-printed me a rite style bobbin. Just needs an insert. Right now its using a wd-40 straw, they arent very friendly on fine thread.

What else can you do with the 3d printer ?

looks like a bead from a craft store. could you just superglue a bead to the end?

3D printed a bobbin? This I need to see. What materials were used?

Fredrick wrote:
NewSal wrote:
You're the man nfrechet!

What else can you do with the 3d printer ?

I have 3-d printed some hair stackers. They don't stack all that well but since I printed about a dozen of them they really speed up my tying. I basically just use them to hold a fly sized amount of hair. Then drop it straight into my normal brass stacker. This allows me to pull all of the hair needed for a dozen flies at a time.

I have also 3d printed a tool caddy that attaches to my Regal vise.

Would love to see the bobbin pics.

Ill post some pics tonight guys, sorry I haven't logged on lately.

I keep forgetting to grab a picture of the bobbin, here is the exact version of it I found online, same exact thing except mine is black:
bobbin.jpg
[/url][/img]

Back