Centre County This Weekend

Brownie101

Brownie101

Unless there's terrible weather, I'm hoping to get up to the Poe Paddy SP area this weekend to do some fishing. I will probably fish Penns, Spring, and possibly Cherry Run, it really depends on the weather at this point. Any information on flies, other streams, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Fish Spring last...

BrookieChaser, is it not fishing well, or are you planning on fishing it? :-?

Fished Weikert above Cherry on Friday. Hendrickson and Blue Quills hatching throughout the day. Found a pod of 4 fish rising around 4. Nothing else seemed interested. I did nymph up a bunch. Golden turds and Frenchy patterns with uv black collars instead of the shrimp or hotspot.

Thanks Becker. I'll tie a few up.

I was referring to the mud snails. I haven't fished Spring since March.

I got skunked on Penns the past two weekends, after doing well before that.

There are some March browns on spring the last few years. Good sign but still fairly spotty. From a hatch perspective its a bit of a dead period on spring. Olives waning and maybe a few pioneer sulphers.

Penn's could have grannoms, Hendricksons, March browns, plus the waning olives and pioneer sulphers. I'd pick Penn's and stay for the evening if the water is even in decent shape.

BrookieChaser, I will definitely clean my waders well after I fish if I do fish Spring.

Thanks pcray, I will definitely stay at Penns as long as it's not blown out.

Looks like I'll be staying at Poe Paddy this weekend as well. Has anyone happened to have heard anything about grannoms on Penns? From the reports I have seen, it doesn't look like they have really popped yet.

Back