Catskills

theoriginalnickyp

theoriginalnickyp

I'm gonna be near Margaretville over Thanksgiving and the new regs allow C&R all year now. Anyone familiar with the area? Not looking for a spot burn, just some general direction. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post it. Happy early Thanksgiving!

If you drive east on 28, it crisscrosses the Esopus numerous times as you approach the Ashokan reservoir. Tons of easy access angler parking. Prob worth looking into conditions/any available reports, though, as the river got absolutely pummeled with flood conditions about 2 weeks ago.

Where'd you end up, and how did it go?

It looks like I'll be in that area next week for a get together, and I hope to take a couple casts if air temps are above freezing.

Went great! Hit the Esopus one day but it was high and off color. Found a coupe little mountain streams near where we stayed and had a blast exploring and catching little wild browns. This map was super helpful.

https://gisservices.dec.ny.gov/gis/dil/index.html?cat=WRL

Esopus delivered up my last fish of the year, and then I drank a boatload of beer in a cabin in Chichester. Great way to celebrate an (early) new years!

Back