Cathy Beck

nymphingmaniac

nymphingmaniac

Facebook post says Cathy passed away while in Argentina. That is too bad. She was a great ambassador for the sport.

"It is with our deepest sorrow that we share the heartbreaking news that Cathy passed away peacefully on February 7 while hosting a fishing group in Argentina. We do not have any further details at this time, but are working hard with Frontiers, the insurance company, the airlines, and funeral personnel in Argentina and locally to expedite Cathy and Barry’s return home. As soon as we have more details, we will be in touch with family, friends, and clients. Thank you for your sincere condolences & prayers during this extremely difficult time."

Sorry to hear that. At one time, it seemed like she was everywhere in the fly fishing world.

REally, I was just thinking back on the Becks probably last week or the week before. They hadn't crossed my mind in a LONG time.
Shame. She was nice and a great ambassador to females for fly fishing. There isn't anyone like that who I know of.

Wow, very sad to hear. I had a brief encounter with her when the Becks owned a fly shop up in Benton. There were not many places to stay up that way but she found us one right on Fishing Creek, not far from where she landed that giant brown a year or two later.

Sad news- I remember buying a rod at FCO years ago on a very cold late winter day. When we came in from the casting pond she made hot chocolate for my son (who was about 4 or 5 at the time). May she rest easy…

I met them both several times. Barry was kind enough to put together my first Sage fly rod with a Hardy reel and fly line. I remember them fondly. She was younger than I. Barry must be devastated.

I'm sorry to hear this. My only experience with the Becks on a personal level was at the early Somerset NJ flyfishing shows. Both of them were very nice to deal with in that hectic atmosphere.

I also enjoyed reading any article they posted in Fly Fisherman and other publications. They represented PA and the fly-fishing community well for a long time.

My thoughts go out to the family and their friends at this difficult time. May she rest in peace.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Back