Catgut nymph

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

With a tungsten thread underbody... #12
e4df1e6495526e25117818b2040ded9d_zps01nipb1x.jpg

I like it alot!

Nice Jack, what is the wing case?

GenCon

Thanks biggie, John, & Mike. It's a dark red latex coated with deer creek diamond hard resin Mike.

Looks tasty!

GenCon

Pretty impressive!

lv2nymph wrote:
Thanks biggie, John, & Mike. It's a dark red latex coated with deer creek diamond hard resin Mike.

Have you had any problems with the diamond hard detaching from the wingcase? I've had problems with other UV resins popping off of thin skin, scud back, swiss straw, etc. They look great initially, but they seem to flake off about half the time after actually being fished.

Also, have you found the diamond hard to be truly tack free?

Thanks Dave, appreciate that.
Pennkev, this tie is the first time I've used it on this material. I fished it for about four hours as one of a two nymph rig and took three fish on it before loosing it to the bottom. In that time it showed no signs of coming off. I've used it quite a bit on mostly feather wing cases and it's been fine. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it but when I apply it I put a small amount on and soak it into the feather and cure it then put on another coat. As far as tack free goes I've found that it will cloud if you grab and squeeze it right away but if left to sit for a minute or two it's fine. This is the only resin I've tried so I don't have any working knowledge of other types of resin out there to compare it to. I mostly use the diamond fine to coat bodies and the hard for the wing cases the hard is much thicker than the fine and when dropped onto the fly you pretty much have to move it around to where you want it, which is nice for getting that half round apperance.

Back