Casting lessons?

J

J23

Does anyone know of any shops or maybe instructors in the Beaver County area that help with fly casting for us new folks?

I've, of course, attended YouTube University 🤣😂 ..but it would be helpful to have someone looking on to ensure me that I'm doing it right or maybe help me make adjustments. I don't want to form any bad habits.

There is a list of master casting instructors you can contact.

Reactions: J23
Does anyone know of any shops or maybe instructors in the Beaver County area that help with fly casting for us new folks?

I've, of course, attended YouTube University 🤣😂 ..but it would be helpful to have someone looking on to ensure me that I'm doing it right or maybe help me make adjustments. I don't want to form any bad habits.
You could just learn to euro nymph..... No casting needed there.

I'm kidding. I'm kidding.

What about Risen. Ryan's shop is in Beaver County. The master caster thing could be good.

YouTube videos with Pete Kutzer are good, but so is time in the stream.

Sorry.. My Avatar answer didn't really give you the answer you wanted....

I was curious and did a search using the site that CRB posted. A bit confusing setting up the search by I came up with 20 results in PA.
Has anyone ever used one of these instructors? I wouldn’t mind trying to correct several of my bad casting habits. It may be too late now teaching old dog the new tricks.

There's is a gentleman from Burgettstown listed on the FFI site that CRB linked. I'm not exactly sure where you are located. There's also a CI in Sharpsville, PA, but that's a little north of Sharon.

If you’re in Beaver County, check out Neshannock Creek Fly Shop in Volant, Lawrence County.

If there is a fly fishing club near you, they may offer introductory fly casting lessons. I joined one two years ago and they do a beginners - to - experienced casting clinic every spring, complete with certified casting instructors. Watching dozens of Youtube videos, which I did, only goes so far. Local fly shops may also do something similar, know of a good instructor, or provide one-on-one advice (especially if you spend money with them). Have fun, and don't get discouraged.

There’s also International Anglers in Robinson Twp.

Did you see this other thread? Shouldn't be too far from you.

I bought Lefty Kreh and Ed Jaworski's "The Complete Cast" DVD. 2hrs and 45 min from one of the best to ever hold a rod. I learned a lot from it.

Back