Casting Flaws and Fixes

Thanks for posting this video. I am guilty of all three, especially "creeping." I don't think that I have ever gone fly fishing and not put some knots in my leader or hit the rod with the fly, but I am improving and thinking more about what I am doing while I am fly fishing.

afishinado, I've scheduled the first Mid-Atlantic Fly Casting Instructors' Rendezvous for August 10-11 with instructors coming from as far away as Maryland and Connecticut. We'll be discussing these issues as well as many others. Fly casting is flat out fascinating and teaching it is very enjoyable rewarding!

OldLefty wrote:
afishinado, I've scheduled the first Mid-Atlantic Fly Casting Instructors' Rendezvous for August 10-11 with instructors coming from as far away as Maryland and Connecticut. We'll be discussing these issues as well as many others. Fly casting is flat out fascinating and teaching it is very enjoyable rewarding!

If you'd care to, please post a thread in the Events/Meet Up forum with the pertinent info on this - date, time, location, fee (if any), web links, agenda, etc.

I think our readers would be interested in this.
Thanks,
DW

Dave W, truth is I contacted one of the mods to see if it would be o.k. to do so. Never heard back. Maybe that was a good thing since withing 2 wks of putting out the word I reached my limit of 25 participants. Btw, it is a free event.

Back