Carp'n

mute

mute

Not good enough for on the fly yet. Actually, dont see how its even possible given the water conditions/type. But anyway, during the day it rained the other day, i dropped by, water was high and off. But holy crap, along the whole bottom of the dam, the water was BOILING with carp. Most 15lbs easy, 22-26 inches. Heres a couple i managed to land the next day on some bait

That face blur effect is hella creepy.

Nice fish.

I've been thinking about trying to get a carp. We see a few of them while canoeing the brandywine. Not alot, but once in a while. What did you get them on?

Sweet Corn, im thinking about trying bread or something, just to keep trying new things.

I've heard that mulberries work. I don't know if that was only where there were mulberries growing or not....

Yea i got no idea, but heres one that was caught today.

Nice. That looks pretty fun. With the size of them they have to put up a good fight.

Yea, 20-30 minute fights. I want to experience one on the fly rod, ohhhh man.

Well I hate to say it Mute, but the odds of getting them on the fly rod go down significantly if you are not using one. :lol: Seriously, though every time you catch one of those on the spinning rod, the more line shy they're gonna get. I know people will blast me with the "fish have 10 second memories" and all that stuff, but carp are pretty friggin smart and will actually start freaking out as you approach the stream after you've been fishing them for a bit. They seem to learn better than most other fish. Maybe it's just my imagination, but that's how it seems to me. BTW I've been doing horrible with carp this year, so maybe it's just the carp where I live.

Boyer

Mulberries DO work. Well. So does a sparsely soft-hackled white ball of fluff with a small bead of dubbed cotton from a cotton ball. This is my cottonwood seed immitation and it smokes on golf course pond-dwelling grass carp when the cottonwoods are blowing off in May and June. I've never caught a common carp with it. I Don't know what you have there, but don't count out the fly rod for carp. Clouser minnows dragged on the bottom, huge copper johns wave produced with common carp for me. Hot mullberry fly

Back