Carp

B

bialeckij

I live in Danville I want to start fishing for carp this year anyone have some advice With locations around Montour, Columbia and Northumberland counties also any advice on gear flies etc would be helpful thankyou

You can't go wrong with the Susquehanna River.

There's a ton of info on carp fishing here in the Warm Water forum. Take some time to read through these topic threads as there is a lot of info on tactics, fly patterns, gear, etc.

Fishidiot is right with the susky. As far as flies for there crawfish, big nymph patterns, and dumbell eyed wooly buggers(black, rust, brown) all will work. I've found the susky to be a good time for carp fishing , let us know how you do

if you got any drainage arrears or small streams and ponds in the area check them out. i have one like five minutes from my house that i never thought anything would be in there but its loaded with carp.

You may want to keep an eye out for a coming new addition to the "Best Waters" section of the PFBC web site. The state's best carp waters with at least 50 percent public access are being added as a new category very soon.

Back