Carbaugh Run (Franklin/Adams County)

scottrum

scottrum

Does anyone know if you can fish for wild trout on Carbaugh Run below the reservoir by District Road or is the land area posted?

Thanks.

Last (and only) time I was there, there were no signs saying you couldn't fish it there. This was probably sometime in 2012 or 2013, FWIW.

It's in Michaux SF, so it's public land. Unless there's some local warning/posting by the state there (usually for some safety reason), it's fine.

I caught a fairly nice Brookie from the reservoir outflow, but the stream is tiny up that far and pretty well choked out. I didn't bother to fish it other than from the bridge to the outflow pool.

I’ve never fished the section from the reservoir to District road. I did fish below the bridge on District Road within the past few years. As Swattie had mentioned the stream is fairly small and extremely tight to fish in many sections. Being State Forest I didn’t observe any signage that prohibited fishing in that area.

The only posted part on carbaugh run is section all the way down by rt 30. You cant access from the bottom because of the posting so the only place you can access is from district rd. You will need to hike in pretty far to avoid the choked sections of the stream. You may find better fishing on some of the other streams in the area.

If I were you, I'd poke around along Rt 233 South as you make your way to Mont Alto

Back