can't wait!!

C

chuck2701

can't wait for the steelies to come in 20 mile. any predictions when they will come in? I'm guessing late sept. or maybe even mid to late oct.

water is super low all along the coast.. they have Russians and amish snagging and netting fish at creek mouths where fish have staged. got a few pics of some of the creek mouths from friends on facebook, really bad. need a week of steady rain to do anything

couple rivers up from 20 mile. that's the mouth and Pa is worse

Attachments

• near 20 mile.JPG
    near 20 mile.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
chuck2701 wrote:
Any predictions when they will come in? I'm guessing late sept. or maybe even mid to late oct.

When it rains. If it rains.

sandfly wrote:
they have Russians and amish snagging and netting fish at creek mouths where fish have staged

Bastards... I assume it's not legal. But are they being caught? And fined?

Go a day after a big rain.

Didn't help. Was doing some scouting today... 20 mile isn't even connected to the lake right now. Walnuts got a confused handful swimming in circles in a hottub

Salmon are just starting in Puluski, the smaller WNY Lake Ontario trivs haven't seen any action yet, I'd say Erie steel are a couple rainstorms away yet

Had to go into Erie (actually Fairview..) to buy a set of mandolin strings today. Crossed Elk Creek at PA 98 (aka Folly's End..) on the way in and at Sterrettania (aka Sterrettania...) on the way back home. Now, all the PA tribs are extremely flashy and just barely qualify as perennial streams anyway. All the same, I've never seen Elk Creek this low/dewatered in my life. And I've been alive a loooong time...:)

Gonna take a lot of rain to catch up. A lot.

Just another typical Sept. in dreary Erie.

Planned the first trip for October 1st, I told myself I would start swinging the Catt in.September for Early steel but money and time has me starting 10/1

Back