Can you help me I.D. and find this material

S

Sylvaneous

I have these TINY or maybe TINY 'rubber' striped nymph legs. I don't think they are the MFC grizzly legz or whatever. I have those. The ones I'm looking for are, or seem to be round cut. They are opaque, not transleucent. I think they are tan/brown striped. They are like 1mm diameter. They aren't 'span-flex'. They are probably a silicon material as they have great stretch and haven't dry-rotted over several years.
I don't have the packaging and I don't know what they are. I don't live near a well stocked fly shop with tying materials to paruse (puruse? peruse?) (THe Fly Stop in Oil City is adujsting their tying stock and it is/will take some time)
Any help?
I have adopted the Euro- thing. It's tough to 'tie' a euro bead nymph being a disciple of Don Douple and Dave Rothrock. As Kelly Galloup said, they lack 'soul'. So I add tiny "rubber' legs that I find easier than feather stuff, on the 14's and some of the sz. 16s.
I just caught my largest trout on Penns in 2 years on a sulfur version of this with the legs and it has cemented my confidence!
Belief is huge.
Anyway... what is this stuff?
Syl

Is it mini centipede legs? I hate having to buy a couple things with shipping and then have it be wrong.
I got J Stockard sz. 14 dry fly hooks and they were too short. Barely longer than my Daiichi 16s.
If you want a short shank 14 dry, it's the thing.
Syl

I saw those and was thinking maybe that was it.
I'll take a chance. I have to return the sz. 14 hooks anyway.
Thanks
Syl

What about using the material the bass guys use for jig and spinner bait skirts? That stuff seems to fit the bill.

I got the legs. It seems to be the same material. The barring is different, not as small, but whatever. Close enough. My Euro-nymphs can continue to have the 'soul' that Kelly Galloup talks about.

I got the legs. It seems to be the same material. The barring is different, not as small, but whatever. Close enough. My Euro-nymphs can continue to have the 'soul' that Kelly Galloup talks about.
you got legs, but do you know how to use them

Back