Can you Gink Snowshoe Hare?

Yes.

However, just squeeze it in your shirt.

gfen wrote:
Yes.

However, just squeeze it in your shirt.

Is that why my gink is almost all gone.

Besides, gink is pretreatment.

Many folks say you can't but I agree with gfen. Tiemco Drymagic is magic though and I don't use gink any longer.

gink is cheap when its called abolene. i am poor and am trying to save money for toys i don't need.

I dont like gink or gel for snowshoe or deerhair, squeeze in your shirt like gfen said then a brush of a powder (frogs fanny for me).

govtmule wrote:
I dont like gink or gel for snowshoe or deerhair, squeeze in your shirt like gfen said then a brush of a powder (frogs fanny for me).

Seriously. Try Drymagic. Squeeze out water apply drymagic 1/20th as often and none of the whole powder nonsense.

jdad, I wish I had known about that drymagic. I just bought a new tube of frogs fannie due to the fact that I dropped my other full on in the stream two weeks ago and watched in vein as it bobbed down the stream into oblivion.

So is it a powder/gel/other? I see it works on the CDC, I'm intrigued.

wsender wrote:
jdad, I wish I had known about that drymagic. I just bought a new tube of frogs fannie due to the fact that I dropped my other full on in the stream two weeks ago and watched in vein as it bobbed down the stream into oblivion.

So is it a powder/gel/other? I see it works on the CDC, I'm intrigued.

Its a gel but it is alcohol based or something thus it instantly dries out without a silicone slick. You can't sink a fly with the stuff. You can pull flies under and they will emerge right back up. Deadly.

Yes yes yes, drymagic is da shiznit! Love it on my cdc and elks, because I can sitter it and sink it and it instantly pops back up. 10 bucks a tube (unless you Jdizzle), but it will last you a season and is so very worth it.

LRSABecker wrote:
Yes yes yes, drymagic is da shiznit! Love it on my cdc and elks, because I can sitter it and sink it and it instantly pops back up. 10 bucks a tube (unless you Jdizzle), but it will last you a season and is so very worth it.

que?

jadddy wrote:
Its a gel but it is alcohol based or something thus it instantly dries out without a silicone slick. You can't sink a fly with the stuff. You can pull flies under and they will emerge right back up. Deadly.

Is this generally available at your local fly shop/big box store or only on the interwebz?

wsender wrote:
LRSABecker wrote:

que?

jadddy wrote:

Is this generally available at your local fly shop/big box store or only on the interwebz?

It's hit or miss. I found it originally in a shop down in NC, but places as random as LLFS had it. It's made by Tiemco so I am sure a lot of places have it.

ebay has it for $11 with free shipping, but check your local fly shop first!

thanks jdaddy, I will have to try it...

Try applying the dry magic first and then give it a good brushing with Frogs Butt. Now that is the shiznit.

mcwillja wrote:
Try applying the dry magic first and then give it a good brushing with Frogs Butt. Now that is the shiznit.

Sounds intense.
129154890249002102.jpg

Back