Caddis Float Tube - Free

mt_flyfisher

mt_flyfisher

I was cleaning out of a few things yesterday in my storeroom and came across this Caddis Float tube that I had forgotten I still had.

Although it is a number of years old, I believe that I only used it once or twice, so it still looks like new. I put air in the tubes, and there are no leaks, although it might be desirable to replace the main inner tube due to its age. (There are 2 other air bladders used as backrests.)

This is the old, doughnut style float tube, which is a bit awkward to get in and out, especially with flippers on. Shortly after I bought this, I moved on to using a U-shaped float tube and pontoon boats with oars.

If you’d like it and have a use for it, I’d give it to you. Must be picked up in the Lancaster, PA area, or you pay the postage to ship.

I can email you a picture of this tube, or would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

With our county now on a “shelter in place” order we’d need to be careful how we handle this. (Perhaps exchange it during a grocery store, etc. trip.). Or wait until later in the spring, if need be.

This float tube has always been kept in a clean, dry, smoke and pet free environment. I will also wipe down the entire float tube with Chlorox wipes before giving this to anyone.

Email me at flyfisher_17557@yahoo.com if you’d like it, want to see a picture, or have any questions.

John

No use for it myself, but classy move John! :)

(We need a "thumbs up" symbol here!)

if anyone grabs this PM me. Looking for an excuse to take my tubes out. I never found getting into one all that hard. Just stand on the seat, shuffle your feet forward and pull it up like a pair of pants. Backing yourself into the water at any kind of pace is a different story. Float tubes are great.

I still have it for anyone that is interested. It has been inflated now for 2 days now and does not seem to be loosing any air.

Speaking of using a float tube, last spring I stopped at a stocked reservoir in central PA in late April on my way to a well known trout stream that’s in the area. There were a number of fish rising in the lake, and too far from shore to reach with my fly rod, and no one else was on it, just a few scattered spin fisherman at the other end of the reservoir. It’s days like that that make you wish you had a float tube or other type of watercraft., which I didn’t at the time.

I am interested contact me
Roger 814-378-5510
email cmhoover921@yahoo.com
I live in Tyrone but can meet anywhere in Pa

I believe we have a taker. I’ll post again when this occurs, or if that does not happen for some reason.

John

Back