Cabin Fever = Uncontrolled spending at the local fly shop

echuck66

echuck66

Just got my new Orvis Guide Sling Pack last night and I have to say this is one sweet pack! So glad I sprang for this. I can tell right away I'm going to use this a lot!

Now, if the weather would only clear out the ice on the streams so I can quit making trips to the fly shop and spending so much money. So far this year, I've bought a Simms Guide Jacket, an Orvis Clearwater rod and Battenkill reel, a brodin landing net and a few other odds and ends. I've told myself now that I need to quit buying stuff... and start using it, but the weather just isn't cooperating. I'm sooooooo looking forward to March and warmer weather!

You and me both. Is it spring yet? I've been to the fly shop 3 times in the last 2 weeks except I haven't bought much gear but a lot of tying materials. Hen neck, starling skin, hooks, beads, etc. I've had my eye on the simms G4 waders ever since my last pair started leaking over the summer but I just can't bring myself to drop $700 even though I know I'll probably get my money's worth. Oh well, I have a few more weeks to make up my mind.

I also been to the shop about 3 times In February. I bought as lot of materials. I have been thinking about a new rod but not sure what I want. Thinking like an 8' for a 3 or 4 weight line

Oh yeah, almost forgot... the Cabin Fever show in Cranberry is on Sunday and I'm going to that. I'll probably end up dropping some money there on something too.

I can't complain about the gear though. It's all top-notch stuff and will in all probability last me a long, long time, and I definitely needed the jacket. The rod/reel/net/sling pack... they are all nice to have items. Very nice to have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining about getting this gear. I'm more or less complaining about not being able to use it yet. I'm SICK of winter.

Well I was in the shop again today. Picked up a 3 weight orvis Clearwater rod in 7 1/2'. Also bought a few few things for at the tying bench. I am going to the fly fishing show in Lancaster on March 1. Also got my 3 year fishing license today. The next one I need to buy will be the lifetime.

Picked up a 3 weight orvis Clearwater rod in 7 1/2'.

I picked up the exact same rod and a Battenkill II reel last month. I'm going crazy not being able to use it yet though. I think both are going to be a great additions.

I have Clearwater 10' 5 wt. and really like it. The 7 1/2 3 wt is the older rod with blue rod instead of green but got a really good price on it.

Back