Cabels zip waders

hunter1

hunter1

Just ordered a pair of Cabel's waders with the zipper. used some of my points on them and a gift card. Got them cheap enough to try them out. Anyone else use them.

Got a pair this spring and have a few trips in them. So far so good. Having a bit of trouble with the grippy booties. But overall I am pleased.

Thank's . For the price , there worth a try.

I don't think I'd bother with Cabelas stuff now that Bass Pro has taken them over and kind of ruined Cabelas.

bigjohn58 wrote:
I don't think I'd bother with Cabelas stuff now that Bass Pro has taken them over and kind of ruined Cabelas.

Eh...Some Cabelas house line stuff was good (and some wasn't). Same thing with BPS. As long as when they consolidate products they keep the better stuff from each respective line there can still be good purchases and good value to be had on some of their stuff.

For instance, Cabelas budget line of waders were pretty good, for their price anyway. BPS house line boots are wayyyy better than Cabelas though. Just depends on the individual product. Yeah, there's certainly better/more expensive options out there from higher end brands, but Cabelas/BPS house lines fill more of a mid-range niche, and they're generally relatively competitive quality wise at that price point, if you can avoid the occasional dud products.

This has nothing to do with the merger, it was going on before, and yeah, some of the house brand stuff is pretty good (others not so much).

But I liked when they sold the house brand beside the name brands. You could choose. They still do, to a lesser extent, but the name brand stuff seems to be phasing out over time.

With the name brand stuff gone, and everyone (like me) having reason to use Cabelas bucks, they can drop the quality on the house brand and still sell it. That kinda sucks. And IMO, not good for their long term outlook as those interested in quality will dump the Cabelas Bucks system and look elsewhere. They'll be left as primarily a clothes outlet store.

Used the rest of my Cabelas bucks about 6 months ago and cut up the credit card. I knew I was a fool for having that CC be my primary for 15+ years since it only gave 1% back on general purchases but I always liked Cabelas and their customer service.

Once they merged, it all went downhill...IMO. Customer service and warranty not what it once was. I don't even search the bargain cave online anymore since the FF gear is always crap...

pcray, Spot on with that one. I just received the Cabs zip waders today, I'm going FF 7/10, I'll let you all know if they leake. They do fit nice and it was real easy to get them on with the zipper, But if they leake, I'll send them back asap.

Millsertime wrote:
Used the rest of my Cabelas bucks about 6 months ago and cut up the credit card. I knew I was a fool for having that CC be my primary for 15+ years since it only gave 1% back on general purchases but I always liked Cabelas and their customer service.

Once they merged, it all went downhill...IMO. Customer service and warranty not what it once was. I don't even search the bargain cave online anymore since the FF gear is always crap...

This is my exact experience as well. I have one more purchase I want to save up my Cabelas bucks for and I think my card is going to get cut up and I'll be looking for something else that gives me more bang for the buck. I just do not make purchases from Cabelas or Bass Pro anymore. Their equipment, clothing, and prices just do not impress me anymore.

Went FF today, caught 2 small Browns. Now the waders worked fine, comfortable, zipper worked great, easy to get in them, and they didn't leak. Now we'll see how long they last. They could use some belt loops. :-D

Guy starts out with a wader topic, thread wanders off into corporate governance, ends up with positive review of waders.

John, I hope your not a PC topic guy. Free country to say what we want. Don't like it , don't read it. Other guys liked it. Hoped you were kidding. Oh, I have a name. hunter1. If you took time to think, before spewing off. Waders came from Cabs, other members buy from them, we have opinions about waders, and buying from Cabs. It's all about what we love, Fly Fishing. Please don't be a negative PC person.Tight lines.

Hunter1, lighten up. The forum is GEAR TALK. not rant or off topic. I took two lines to your five so how do you define spewing? Hey, tight lines.

Ok, But we can still put what we want in a topic. The amount of lines have nothing to do with it , it's the perceived content. Everything is good. Tight lines. :)

JohnPowers wrote:
Guy starts out with a wader topic, thread wanders off into corporate governance, ends up with positive review of waders.

that's how she do...

JohnPowers wrote:
Hunter1, lighten up. The forum is GEAR TALK. not rant or off topic. I took two lines to your five so how do you define spewing? Hey, tight lines.

how is input on how a certain brand (that was specifically asked about) having lost its dependability as well a its inevitable existence, off topic?

"this gear sucks and this is why." is valid input.

I had an experience with Cabela's customer service both at corporate and in-store yesterday. Long story short, I had two defects with one of their [former] lifetime warranty coolers. I was told in-store that my cooler only had a 90 day warranty, though when I bought it was advertised as having a lifetime warranty. I called Cabela's again and was told my cooler does have a lifetime warranty (pre-buyout from Cabela's) and the new cooler that they will replace the defective one with, will only have a 90 day warranty (post-buyout from Bass Pro).

Back to waders, since we must stay on topic, I never got more than a few months out of a pair of Cabela's waders.

Back