Cabelas keeps the sale going......

krayfish

krayfish

Email with post Christmas sale items still rolling along:

Items I notice on sale that might catch someone's eye.......

Redington CT fly rod $75 8'6" 3wt, 8'6" 5wt and 9' 5wt

Rio Gold still $39.99 in WF sizes...4, 5, 6 and 8

LSI switch / spey rods are close to 50% off.... $145-160

Cabelas fly lines are still on sale, Cabelas glass fly rod 50% off

Redington Pursuit is $49.99 - $59.99 8' 4wt, 9' 5wt, 8'6" 5wt, 9' 6wt

Save $50-$80 on the CZN rod

RLS+ combos 50% off

Starter sets Wind River Combo and Cahill Combo on sale $40-$70

Happy shopping!! They also have coupon for $20 off orders of $150 or more good through 1-2-14

Redington CT's are up to $99.95, as of this AM. Not sure if I should still go for it. Late to the game again. Anybody that has the 8'6" 5weight 4 piece have an opinion if it's still worth it ?

I almost pulled the trigger on the pursuit 9' 6wt last week. It had a nice feel doing the in store wiggle

Asking about the CT.

Keith,
That is a very popular rod with tons of good press. I believe it's a medium / fast action but leans toward medium.

NS,
That is actually a pretty nice casting rod for the price. I snagged a 9'6" 7wt.

krayfish,

If I had not grabbed boots recently, simms freestone vibram, I would have bought several of those rods. I was pondering the lines while there also. I did purchase 8 biggish streamers to study, copy and then stick pigs with.

Renzetti vise is on sale and you get 20% back in cabelas points

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Renzetti-Cam-Series-Traveler-Vise/744565.uts

$80 off a CZN rod thats bananas

KeithS wrote:
Redington CT's are up to $99.95, as of this AM. Not sure if I should still go for it. Late to the game again. Anybody that has the 8'6" 5weight 4 piece have an opinion if it's still worth it ?

I predominately fish a CT. 9' 4wt. I paid about the same, and for my purposes it is a great rod. Fast action which is a little bit slower than my Imperial. I like that extra feel for loading though. Speaking of which, it loads nice, balanced, light enough for me , and shoots the line its made for well. I mostly nymph fish, but it has done well enough for dry presentations.

At that price it is worth it for even a back up. I have never had to use their CS or warrenty but I hear it is good. I won't be getting a newer stick to those specs any time soon (need a smaller brookie rod and a lager bass rod) so I will keep using it for my trout adeventures.

Thanks, Paulson. I have a 9'4wt already, or I would have gone that way.

No worries, I would imagine its similar in characteristics, but would have no way of telling.

Back