cabelas employee pricing?

skiltonian

skiltonian

got a coupon via e-mail from Cabelas to receive employee pricing for in-store purchases on 1/2/10 - anyone know what the employee discount is? when I worked at FCO I got a pretty good discount in the range of 40-60%. If I can get 40% off a sage - I'm going. Anyone want to carpool from collegeville area let me know...

Got 30% off on a Ross fly rod yesterday. That's all I bought though so I don't know if that's standard on everything.

I also received the e-mail and a few gift cards for Christmas. I believe the sale is now through 1/2/10. Hopefully someone knows exactly how their employee pricing works.

I got one of those too.The employee discount card.I really hope someone can tell us how much a percentage off it would be.

Okay,I used mine today and the amount of discount varies from one product to another.I know people who are related to some employees and will ask.I'm pretty sure they get a flat discount and its like 40%. I bought some waders [Simms] and a spin rod and flytying supplies.I got about 25% discount.Was hopin' for more.

ratgunner wrote:
Okay,I used mine today and the amount of discount varies from one product to another.I know people who are related to some employees and will ask.I'm pretty sure they get a flat discount and its like 40%. I bought some waders [Simms] and a spin rod and flytying supplies.I got about 25% discount.Was hopin' for more.

My wife worked for a large fishing tackle mfg, and twice a year she would get an employee discount at Cabela's. It did vary on each item. You are correct on the range, from 25-40% depending on the item. Too bad (for me) she no longer works for them.

Thanks for the info ratgunner. Does your receipt show what percent you got off of the Simms?

I swear, Cabela's only sends me coupons when they know I have no intention of using them. When I can use them, I go without.

I don't think I've ever successfully used a Cabela's coupon in my life.

The pricing varies depending on the markup. I think the pricing may be 10% over cost. I went there for their military employee pricing day and some of the stuff was only discounted a little while other stuff(like clothing) got up to over 50% off.

Seems like get coupons from them at least once a week, but didn't get that one... humm. It always feels like I'm making out when I save $30 on a 150 order, but with their shipping prices and tax the cost shoots right back up. Since their coupons can't be combined and always seem to overlap I end up shuffling coupons to see which ones will save me the most everytime I place an order.

I'm waiting for another one of those $150 off $500 coupons to arrive. I haven't had one come for over a year now.

bam wrote:
Seems like get coupons from them at least once a week, but didn't get that one... humm. It always feels like I'm making out when I save $30 on a 150 order, but with their shipping prices and tax the cost shoots right back up. Since their coupons can't be combined and always seem to overlap I end up shuffling coupons to see which ones will save me the most everytime I place an order.

I'm waiting for another one of those $150 off $500 coupons to arrive. I haven't had one come for over a year now.

I'm with you bam I faithful use every one I get but did not receive this one. I may call them tomorrow.

you can always check oline for coupons on one of those coupon hosting sites.

I know everytime I walk in they try to get me to fill out a Cabelas credit card form,but I never will.Most of the stuff is overpriced to begin with,its a tourist trap.The benefits are,they are within driving distance,large selection[often out of stock to]and no shipping/waiting.I also have a BPS,Gander and ****s and some lesser known chain stores within 1 hour or less.I still like the Mom&Pop stores better though. :oops:

Back