Cabelas CGR

AnW

AnW

Just an FYI ... I was in Cabelas (Hamburg) today to look at knives, and stumbled upon the rack of CGRs at the Fly Shop. They are currently marked down to $39. They still had 7' 5wts, 7'6" 5/6wts, and some 8 wts.

I picked up the 5/6 and yard casted it this afternoon, can't wait to get out to fish it.

I've been wiggle testing glass rods all winter but didn't pull the plug until today. At $39 it was too hard to pass up.

My CGR has been an awesome rod for bass. $39.......somebody please tell me that I don't need another fly rod!!!

jifigz - I love mine for bass as well. Highly recommend getting one of their 6'6 4 weights for small streams. It's a blast.

Don't bother driving out to Cabela's in Hamburg unless you want the #2 or #7/8 weight. I bought up the others.

I now have the 7' #5 and 7'6" #5/6 to go with the 7'6" #7/8 and the 6'6" #4 I already have.

I can't say enough about these rods. They're great for small brushy streams where roll casting is needed. Roll casting is almost automatic with the slow action of these rods. You will not break off fish with these rods, they flex all the way to the handle.

P.S. Cabela's inventory in the fly shop really seemed to be lacking. Half of the reels I had looked at online were discontinued or out of stock or never stocked. Still managed a steal on the CGR's at $39, the most underrated rods in The store and snagged an Alaknak 12' × 12' in the bargain cave for $429. Box was damaged.

Looks like you can get it on their website for that price, as well.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-CGR-II/2459266.uts?slotId=0

Back