Buying flies online

JVenezia

JVenezia

Where you guys and gals finding the best deals. Looking to restock a bit and also purchase some new patterns.
Any help is appreciated.

JVenezia, why not support our local fly shops? Mussers outdoors in Ephrata has a well stocked inventory as do the TCO shops, i would tell you to go to the evening rise but the online shops basicly put them out of business, what a shame.

Sometimes its simply a price thing. Trying to fill a box can run quite costly from local shops. I spend local as much as possible when I can where I can.

Ebay. I have a few guys who sell quality stuff. If its your first time it's hit or miss. I started tying my own stuff so don't buy as much. local places or when field and stream has sales is good too.

If I do buy online, I like www.bigYflyco.com

Big Y Fly Co is where I get all of mine for mass re-stocking. They now are offering tungsten on a number of the more common nymph patterns.

I usually use Barnsley Fly Co for durable basic flies. They provide a neat reusable container too!

learn to tie...ok..maybe not cheaper...oh wait...yes it is these days..or is it

TheFlyStop.com is the best...hands down. I receive my packages in less then 3 days, always get free flies, and the prices to quality cant be beat. The flies wont unravel after a few fish.

My advice is don't buy flies online.

I have used The Fishing Fly Box in the past great prices and no problems with the flies. I just wanted to see where else people were buying from.

Back