Bugger variations

guppieguy

guppieguy

Started re stocking my streamer box- i know there are a million different wolly bugger variations, but I was wondering what has worked well in pa for everyone in the past for trout. I usually tie black, white, olive, and brown but I'm looking to spice it up with new color combos and variations. Thanks

The thin mint bugger.

The Bow River Bugger is one that I recently stared using that has been effective

The two I've had the most success with are the White River Demon and the Chili Pepper. You should be able to google the tying instructions on line.

I put a variation on the thin mint in this forum awhile back.

Eunan Hendron's Sparkle Bugger

%255BUNSET%255D

SBS

Thanks Fetter!

I prefer to use schlappen for the hackle on all of my buggers; I made the switch a few years ago and haven't looked back. Way buggier....

Another pattern I love to fish is the bugger with peacock for the body versus chenille.

Also, here's Tony Spezio's Chili Pepper Bugger:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRpc8z_M1r4[/youtube]

TC

Ive been tying no fill boogers,No filler,(Estaz,Cheneill)just feathers.Very happy with the look and action.I am using schlappin feathers.Brown seems to be the hot color do to clipper imitation.

The autumn splendor is also a good fly. It's basically a rust colored bugger with yellow rubber legs.

This is one of my favorite variations. It is technically a variation of a Moto's minnow. But for me in different colors is all I need. Showed these to Tyger. It has become on of his favs. The hackle is Indian hen back.
While in the water it keeps a really nice profile. Great sculpin imitation.

GenCon

Attachments

• Brown moto.JPG
    Brown moto.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 3
My most successful bugger ever (even thoug I don't fish them often) is a dark olive with olive dyed grizzly hackle.

My second most bit bugger is my brown trout bugger. Similar to my brookie bugger, which was brought up recently, but with pale yellow chennelle, and shellback of brown marabou, and brown dyed grizzly hackle. It also has red or orange crystal flash extending to the tail and as a midline of the body.

I also tie a "Steelers" pattern. Black and gold. The contrast is good in cloudy water. I am tying woolly buggers at my TU chapters meeting next month (we're having tying demonstrations). This is in Maryland. So I will also tie some Ravens (black and purple) and Washington colors (burgundy and gold).

I want to emphasize that, as you put it, the skies the limit.

Humungous :

humungus_final.jpg

Thanks for the input guys- these are awesome suggestions I certainly try them out!

Back