Brodhead Creek - Fishing Status

D

dharzinski

Hey everyone,

Has anyone fished the Brodhead Creek recently? Looking to go up for the first time and saw that the water level is high according to the USGS gage (300CFS compared to average ~150CFS). However, from looking at gage data from the past couple months, it has been well over the historic average. Just looking for any additional information on whether the flows are too high or not.

Thanks!
Derek

I usually fish the creek a lot, but I have not been there since October. It was 200 CFS that day and fished well. 300 is sporty, especially in cold water. I fished it in September at 400 CFS but spent a lot of time on the bank fishing the soft edges along the bank ahead of me. I think there are more productive choices right now for a couple reasons. For one, you may take a swim, which is not fun (and you might die), and two, fish hunkered on the bottom are hard to reach with than kind of flow. Fall stocked rainbows might eat, but the wild ones will be waiting this flow out. Pocono and McMicheals may be more doable, once they calm down from Saturday's rain.

Back