Breezwood help

tstooge26

tstooge26

Hello all

I just found out I will be out in breezwood area for the next two days for work. Worked out in their in the past but never had time to take the rod out. I will be working in Fulton county but staying in breezwood. I have drove rt 30 between Bedford and breezwood and the juniata river looks nice along that stretch. Anyone know how the fishing is around there for either bass trout or carp. Any other locations I could spend a couple hours after work. Any input would be great

Thanks

Look into Yellow Creek for trout. The Juniata and its branches are good for bass. There are some other Approved Trout Waters and wild trout streams as well that can be located on the PFBC maps, and you can use the link in the right-hand column here "Where to Fly Fish.

Thanks JackM

I was looking into yellow creek...I'm assuming you are talking about the FF section of the creek

The special regs section is nice and there are open areas above it that are good or better.

And, if you are looking for trout, this would probably be well worth checking out for both days' fishing.

You may be better off on the FF Section of Yellow. There is a lot of posted ground and leased ground on the stream.

For bass: I havent fished it for a few years but I used to fish below the bridge on 30 just before Breezewood (heading east) and do quite well. Also, if you head west out of Breezewood, look for signs for the town of Graceville. Thats another area I used to do well at.

Thanks for the help everyone...I think I'm going to head up to the FF section of yellow creek...not knowing the area I would like to stay on places of the creek I know I'm allowed to fish...prob going to get there around 4 today

Back