Brandywine Creek

F

Fireman01

Looking for guidance fishing the Brandywine in the Pocopson area. If anybody has helpful tips on fishing, places to park etc. I would love to know.

The Brandywine has a bunch of parking spots in the Pocopson area, so you are in luck. Some of the spots I park are:
1. The start of the Pocopson walking trail on W Creek Rd
2. Shaw's Bridge Park
3. A pull-off on Creek Rd, right off of 926, heading north to Rt 52

couple of other ideas:
--Northbrook Road off 842 take it to the metal bridge; there's a pull off for about 3-4 cars right before the bridge on the right
--take Marshallton Road past 4 Dogs towards West Chester. Once you cross the bridge, take a left. Go about 3/4 of a mile to the township park parking lot on the left. It's paved and holds maybe 6 cars. Fish up or down
--take 842 towards West Chester. There's a pull off on the right right before you cross the cement bridge that crosses the West Branch of the Brandywine. It's upstream of Shaws Bridge

The landowners at the northbrook rd Parking lot do not like people walking on their land, the people downstream at the 842 bridge do not care. But as you get right in the middle of that section the new landowners have been real bad. I don’t fish the brandywine, I’m just personal friends with people right there. That section was stupid when the trophy trout club was still there... 18”-25 lb stockers.

We used to drop boats at the northbrook canoe company (up the street from northbrook rd bridge) then float down to the 842 bridge. But at almost every bridge along the brandywine there’s a pull off.

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully when I get down there to fish I will catch something.

Back