Brandywine Creek

FlyFishingSEPA

FlyFishingSEPA

Hey everyone, I am new here and have been browsing the threads on locations and I didn’t see one about the Brandywine. I have been fly fly fishing this creek for the past year and a half, but I always have trouble finding the panfish and bass over the winter. I only catch fallfish and that isn’t very common either. Do the panfish and bass migrate further down the creek during the winter? Or do I just need to look harder? I am fishing the stretch from where the East and West Branches converge down to Rt. 926.

FlyFishingSEPA wrote:
Hey everyone, I am new here and have been browsing the threads on locations and I didn’t see one about the Brandywine. I have been fly fly fishing this creek for the past year and a half, but I always have trouble finding the panfish and bass over the winter. I only catch fallfish and that isn’t very common either. Do the panfish and bass migrate further down the creek during the winter? Or do I just need to look harder? I am fishing the stretch from where the East and West Branches converge down to Rt. 926.

The B-wine doesn't fish well until later in the summer for bass.

I never fish for bass in the spring during the spawn.

Not sure if they go downstream or are just inactive in winter - that area is fairly far downstream already. Second Afish's comment - never had much luck before late May. That's when I'd start getting them in the East Branch when going for trout.

Ok I am glad I am not the only one having a hard time finding them before summer. I always just thought they must move out of the area because the action in the summer is amazing. I still need to learn how to target those carp that I always see swimming past me in the evenings.

Back