braided leader

N

notan641

I picked up a braided leader last fall. It casts great, does not get tangled, I thought it was great. But I noticed I could see it in the water and I was not catching fish. I had many more shutouts than I thought I should have. So today I put on a regular tapered, knotless leader and I caught 2 fish before the lightning chased me out. Fished about an hour. 2 fish per hour is good for me. So my question is what are others experience with braided leaders. It really made me feel like a good caster so I stuck with it too long.
Thanks

I use one for nymphing and have even used it for dry fly fishing. I never have any problems catching fish. Well other than the normal stuff. How much tippet are you putting on?

I've had no more than 4 feet of tippet. Shorter when casting room was tight. The big variable is me I guess. Just thought it curious.

Well if you feel more confident using a regular leader than I would use a regular leader. That way you won't have that thought in the back of your head every time you are fishing.

Back