Boiling Springs Tavern closed?

L

lestrout

I was looking to rez at this restaurant, which I have enjoyed over the years. But as I looked it up, Google Maps says it is temporarily closed. I was shocked since I thought the BS Tavern had been enjoying good business all along. I was wondering if the refurbished Allenberry restaurant had been cutting into their customer base.

Fortunately the Boiling Springs Tavern website says that they are temporarily closed for renovation. The architect plans look very nice, with an outdoor bar and other features being added. Does anyone have an idea on the timeframe?

The only restaurant at Allenberry is called The Barn and its only open 4-9, Thurs-Sunday. It is fine dining, so I doubt it interfered much with a local tavern business.

If I'm fishing out that way, I always stop at Cold Springs Inn. Decent food and if weather is good, you can sit on a deck that hangs over the Breeches.

The Deer Lodge has been closed for more than 15 years. The sign outside has said "closed for renovations" for all those years. No work has been done to any of the properties owned by the Ricerts. Local residents are of the opinion that these properties will remain empty for a long long time.

The last time I was at the "Tavern" was back in 2019. The service was so lousy my wife & I walked out and vowed to never return. It wasn't the first bad service experience I had there which I chalk up to new ownership because I never had issues before when the Keith's were the owners.

I guess that means I won't be checking out the renovations IF they ever reopen...

FWIW - After walking out we made a beeline to The Grazery, had a great meal and great service!!

However, when in Carlisle visit Café Bruges my absolute favorite restaurant in the area. The mussels are incredible, the frites are insanely good and the beer selection is excellent if your beer world doesn't revolve around IPA's.

Although I still miss the St. Charles... ;)

Bon appétit

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. My last two times to Boiling Springs I noticed both the Boiling Springs Tavern and Deer Lodge were closed.

Do any of you "Old Timers" remember the Pine Tree Tavern? It was located on Rte. 233 between Pine Grove Furnace and I-81 and burned down years ago.

The Deer Lodge has been closed for more than 15 years. The sign outside has said "closed for renovations" for all those years. No work has been done to any of the properties owned by the Ricerts. Local residents are of the opinion that these properties will remain empty for a long long time.
You’re right about that Joe. I wouldn’t hold my breath for them to open it anytime soon.

Don’t expect to see it reopen for a long time, though there is suppose to be a resteraunt in the future near the run. They are actually making progress with that. New owner of the BS Tavern, Deer Lodge and Holly Inn has big plans and no results to back it up.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I proposed to my wife a little over 32 years ago in the Boiling Springs Tavern. It was a nice restaurant back then. 😢
Used to frequent the Holly Inn in the late 80’s. Saw it was closed when I drove past in the spring. Never ate at the Deer Lodge but it was very popular at one time.

Back