Body found on Yellow Breeches

laszlo

laszlo

An elderly mans body was found on Yellow Breeches near the run. Very sad , rest in peace fellow fisherman.

Hopefully the gent went out doing what he loved, RIP

After reading the article, it seems like natural causes.

Did anybody hear any conclusions to the body found in the Letort about a month ago?

Did anybody hear any conclusions to the body found in the Letort about a month ago?

No, just the typical headlines, body ID'd....no follow up in the 'press', just did a quick Google search. Onto the next headline...

RIP to this fella on the Breeches, hope it was as peaceful as possible on a favorite stretch of water, bummer.

Is the picture of the stream in the article the Yellow Breeches??? I didnt expect that to be such a small stream from what I've read...

RIP, if there's a way to go, it's doing what you love!!

That section is what's referred to as "the run" , it is smaller than main stem, and drains from spring fed Childrens Lake

I'm pretty sure his body was in the run and not in the Yellow Breeches as was reported on TV. But most people think/consider the run as the YB.

DanL wrote:
Is the picture of the stream in the article the Yellow Breeches??? I didnt expect that to be such a small stream from what I've read...

RIP, if there's a way to go, it's doing what you love!!

I can't believe you've not been to the Breeches Dan. If ya ever get a hankerin' to go. I could maybe show you around a bit some weekend.

An eighty-something mountain climber died of old age as he was resting at a base camp on Mt. Everest attempting an ascent. Let me die in my footsteps, Oh Lord I pray.

Sad yes, but that's how I'd like to go.

When I go, I want to go at my favorite run. Scatter my ashes there.

I'm not so sure I wanna die in a crick. Even though it's the 2nd most popular place I like to spend time. I think if I fish enough and make it home, in bed will be fine. Or at the supper table face down is a bowl of sketti's.

I mean imagine, coming across a dead guy on a crick and thinking, "he died doing what he loved" I think that would be the furthest from your thoughts. #1 he just ruined your fishing that day, the whole gotta call 911 thing, wait for the fuzz and then the interviews, the family wants to talk to you. I may just check for a heartbeat and walk on by. I mean chances are if he was anything like me he was untangling a birds nest cussing himself out which is what gave him the coronary.

Seriously though. At least dying at my number one will put a smile on my face and perhaps an opportunity to be revived.

Agree Mo in a way. My Father died doing what he loved, walking home from Temple on a Friday night. Sad part involved 2 cars, over one, under the other. Every now and then everyone needs a sense of humor

Sorry for your loss Norm....I think? Bring a scraper to the Jamboree so you can help me get that regrettable sticker off my bumper. Oh the choices I make when I am with you people.

Mo, that happened years ago, his sister showed up late for the service. The only regrettable thing I ever gave you was a T-shirt

Back