Body beads

Wildfish

Wildfish

Anyone use them? Just got some Killer Caddis beads and wanted to try them out. Might go with green next time. Anyone else have a pattern?

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 12

You materials, they are too far down the body. I was told that too when I once did the same thing.
4591262594_8dff026b96.jpg

4590642287_d3f430ff8f.jpg

4591262500_cf02302936.jpg

5384706776_8077ce41f7.jpg

I've omitted the worst example of materials too far down the bend so I look like I know more than I do.

Are you sure I'm too far down the hook gfen--here's the same fly aligned better in the vise.

PS--Mods, can you delete the double post? Sorry about that.

Attachments

• bead caddis.jpg
    bead caddis.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5
-shrug- Its what they tell me, although thats definatly not as severe in the second picture.

fly looks great man! the first picture does make it look a little down on the hook bend but the second pic reveals a good position. i don't think you'll have any problem keeping them hooked. again, awesome fly.

I like the dubbing between the beads gfen. Will try something like your first two this weekend. I do need those green ones to make caddis emergers. Are they Killer Caddis glass?

Nope, they're cheap-as-dirt craftstore.

Anything that's green is basically clear over green thread. There's also green antron-heavy dubbing. The black collar is ostrich herl.

I never had much more luck on those than just putting green dubbing on a hook and calling it done. They sure do look neater, though.

gfen wrote:

Nope, they're cheap-as-dirt craftstore.

Killer Caddis glass beads are $1.74 for 150. Is the craft store really that much cheaper?

Per bead, I think so.. on the other hand, you spend more on beads you don't need, y'know?

I figured the killer caddis beads carried the usual fly shop premium.

$1.74 for 150 beads? Where can I find that deal?

u can get them even cheaper at online craft stores. i use artbeads.com. free shipping over $10.

size charts and info:

http://www.jewelry-and-polymerclay-tutorial-heaven.com/Seed-beads.html#Rocailles

Back