Bobs Creek, Bedford County

J55tyger88

J55tyger88

Anyone been fishing this stream lately? Im heading to camp this weekend and was wandering how the fishing has been. We fish from the conf.of dunnings creek up past bobs creek road bridge.

Im assuming from the late spring, the stream should still be holding decent trout.

I always liked it best up monument road. It should still be fishing well. It tends to get low during periods of sparse rainfall.

Im not familiar with that section of bobs, but the section above monument road always has trout, mostly wild browns and brookies. I live about a half hour from there, and we got a lot of rain Wednesday night, so i imagine the water level is prime and its fishing really well.

That lower section sucks...shoulda went up. Oh well.

Really like this water. Did well on bait years ago, but have not fly fished it yet. Add to list...

I grew up near the lower section. I haven't fished it since I got my drivers license. The upper section is much better.

PA, i sent you a PM...dont think it went through. My cabin is on Dunnings creek. Lower section was a bummer. Only had a couple of hours to kill so couldnt venture too far.

what are u calling the lower section

I consider the lower section anything below Weyant. There are a few good spots in the lower section but its not as nice as the upper end. The lower end tends to be much slower, warmer and silted bottom.

Tyger - your pm didnt go through.

Yes, the lower end is primarily featureless. I did spot some carp feding and went after them for a bit but didnt sting any. Bobs creek road is where we rode along for access. My buds are spin guys and out number the fly guy (me) so we went hole hoppin.

PAgeo-will try again...

i mainly fish it in pavia and above

Back