Bob Sentiwany

M

maxima12

Hope it spelled right, Gene, you spell it! I spell it great. Going back, way back. A tribute to a great fly fisherman, legend and friend.

Sure hope, some remember Bob! I know one with one arm, that might.

AA Outfitters, Hope you find them in your travel!

Bob, Thank You!

You may ask, "What does this have to do with fly fishing".

More than you could imagine!

Maxima12

maxima12 wrote:
Hope it spelled right, Gene, you spell it! I spell it great. Going back, way back. A tribute to a great fly fisherman, legend and friend.

Sure hope, some remember Bob! I know one with one arm, that might.

AA Outfitters, Hope you find them in your travel!

Bob, Thank You!

You may ask, "What does this have to do with fly fishing".

More than you could imagine!

Maxima12

^ Ercolani is nearly as hard to spell as Sentiwany.

I spent a lot to time as well as money at the old A&A shop in Lehigh Tannery.

Bob was a really good FFer and helped me a lot to learn to fly-fish, as well, Mary Lou helped with tying flies.

For those trying to interpret the above posts, Bob S and his wife Mary Lou were the owners of A&A Pro Shop. Mary Lou passed away years ago. I believe Bob then retired and sold the shop to Gene Ercolani who moved the shop to Blakeslee, where it is still operating for about the past 25 or more years.

By the tone of the OP I need to ask, and I apologise if this is insensitive, has something happened to Bob?

Dear Maxima,

I remember Bob and Mary Lou Sentiwany well. My brother Terry and I pretty much lived in our truck in their yard on the weekends for years. Then one day they took pity on us and let us stay in the house. The rest is history! I still talk with Bob occasionally on Facebook and I also talk with his children. We have a lot of great memories.

Through Bob and Mary Lou my brother and I met so many people it's ridiculous. We are still friends with many of them although many of the older folks have passed.

I certainly remember Gene Ercolani too. He is another great friend. Eddie Trusky used to tie flies and work in the shop when Gene first took over the business. And then there was Mike, but I forget his last name. He worked for Coal Contractors in Stockton. He rebuilt a South Bend #24 rod for me that I use for stream smallmouth fishing.

I haven't been up that way in over ten years, but I am going to make a real effort to get up there again when things are opened up. I need to revisit some places and conjure up some memories before I get too old to remember.

Thanks for reminding me!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

boozer by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

I bought a Sage 480 RP from Bob the first year they came out. It is still one of my favorite rods. Can't say the same for the 586 RPL I bought 2 years later. I hated that broomstick. Mary Lou tied beautiful flies.

Many years ago my then girlfriend and I stopped in the shop and bob sold me my first really good rod, loomis im6 and sage reel. Over the years when I’d run into him he’d ask if I still had the girl. I’d say no but I still had the rod. Mary Lou sold me some wax and told me to always put the cap back on. Still using it. Floated with bob and eddy send caught some fish. I guess I’m old.

Perfect, a very perfect person and shop at the perfect time. I was just a young man and sent a letter to Bob. Bob, I would like to supply your shop with leaders! Yes, he said, I like it! Well, my jaw dropped! I was just starting and a man of his words!

I liked that time, a time of a handshake, a smile and a thank you! And when a handshake was not available, on the phone a thank you with a bright laughter of Bob, in his own way!

Perfect! As perfect as could be considering the times. Seems like times were always hard but good times also. The good times, are only as good as we make them together!

Lucky to make good times with Bob and it followed with Gene! Thank you both! I was blessed and with all my blessings, I wish AA Pro shop, AA Outfitters the very best.

I have had this on my mind for 25 years. Has it been that long. Seemed like "yesterday". Yesterday is history but today is a true mystery! Brothers of brothers kind of take the mystery out of the picture and with that we can make history again and again!

I ask of you, find AA Pro Shop in your travels, we all changed but remember, "the best", have not changed. Service, goods, a favor, just for the asking. It is really only a handshake away, or in my circumstance a phone call away!

Hat's off to the start of a great beginning!

Maxima12

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone remember Jack Richelderfer...he ran a fly shop I believe right off of Rt. 209W after you go under Rt. 476 and cross the bridge over the Pohopoco? Jack sold me my first Sage rod and Orvis Madison Reel with grass cutting money I saved up over the Summer while school was out. The guy was fantastic, and his daughter tied flies for the store. I supported both them and AA Pro Shop when I was in the area.

Back