boat gear storage.

S

somersetian

What do you guys use for tackle storage out on boats fly fishing? Right now i took my old catfishing plano tackle box and put all my big streamers in it. I carry 50lb 40lb30lb mono and 20lb and 10lbfluoro all for leader construction as well as wire, lead, tools for unhooking toothy fish wire cutters knives. I have been just throwing it all in a back pack but Ive been thinking about just going to lowes and buying a medium size tool box. That or a one of those cool camo ones from walmart you see gear guys using.

Old Samsonite carry-on for fly boxes and reels.

Your chasing the ghost. It's an endless circle trying to find the perfect tackle solution. I always seem to return to the utilitarian backpack with the Plano cases. I actually use a backpack made for swimmers since I have a dozen of them in my basement. They are made for wet environments and are properly vented since wet things normally get stuffed inside them and they are larger then your average backpack with plenty of room for rain gear, lunch and other whatnots.

My answer

customize it with as many boxes as you want. Remove some for reels, line or what ever.
Right now its on sale too.

Mostly though I use this as a massive meatlocker/popper locker.
I take what I need and put them in some FTO series Plano Elite boxes I added foam to, and put them in the kayak.

Back