Boat Buckle Rod Bunk Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a recent multi day trip I had a chance to see the Boat Buckle Rod Bunk Deluxe in action. This is a great way to transport up to seven rod and reel combinations in your SUV or long bed truck.

There is nothing more important and annoying than taking your rod and reel apart moving from stream to stream during a trip. The Rod Bunk Deluxe was an easy way for use to leave our gear intact and move around on our three-day trip.

It can be quickly set up and taken down as it attaches to your vehicles coat hangers. We ended up using some plastic ties on the coat hangers to secure the snap hooks. The adjustable strap fits into most all trucks and secures your gear down with Velcro straps.

Quick, easy and just darn convenient!

We found ours at Cabela’s for about $30.00.

franklin
I had one in my pickup cap for a few years. While I like them the plastic on the ends deteriorated in the heat and came apart. I had to rig up an alternate way to connect the ends.

Last edited:
franklin
I had one in my pickup cap for a few years. While I like them the plastic on the ends deteriorated in the heat and came apart. I had to rig up an alternate way to connect the ends.

Last edited:
franklin

Last edited:
Padraic
I used one with my Jeep Cherokee. I guess my truck wasn't as big as the designers of the system envisioned! Still, it was handy to have 2 and 4 piece rods up off the floor of the cargo area. You just couldn't leave them strung up very well. And unfortunately, my favorite rod is a three piece... that just didn't work out at all!

Last edited:
Padraic
I used one with my Jeep Cherokee. I guess my truck wasn't as big as the designers of the system envisioned! Still, it was handy to have 2 and 4 piece rods up off the floor of the cargo area. You just couldn't leave them strung up very well. And unfortunately, my favorite rod is a three piece... that just didn't work out at all!

Last edited:
Padraic

Last edited:
J
I don't really see the point of this product unless you happen to have a truck that has at least 9' of space to put a rod. Kind of defeats the purpose if you have to break the rod down. A great product that a buddy of mine has is the magnetized rod holders you put on the outside of the car. It's very stable and you don't have to break down the rod. They're a little more pricier but well worth it if you are going to be driving to a couple different locations during the outing. Here's one that Orvis sells:

http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoice.aspx?pf_id=9E4Y&dir_id=758&group_id=17492&cat_id=15829&subcat_id=15819

Last edited:
J
I don't really see the point of this product unless you happen to have a truck that has at least 9' of space to put a rod. Kind of defeats the purpose if you have to break the rod down. A great product that a buddy of mine has is the magnetized rod holders you put on the outside of the car. It's very stable and you don't have to break down the rod. They're a little more pricier but well worth it if you are going to be driving to a couple different locations during the outing. Here's one that Orvis sells:

http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoice.aspx?pf_id=9E4Y&dir_id=758&group_id=17492&cat_id=15829&subcat_id=15819

Last edited:
J

Last edited:
salmo
For a guy like me who does not tie much I found this very helpful. I think I'm gong to give this a try.

Salmo

Last edited:
ryguyfi
Does anyone else rib their dries with wire like that? I just palmer my hackle from back to front over my dubbing and tie in the elk hair from there. Any advantage to the wire?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back