Blue Trout

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

Blue rainbow trout do occur in some pfbc hatcheries. Its a rare occurence and those fish often are kept for viewing by visitors if I remember a hatchery tour from years ago correctly

Sometimes they slip past the fish comm and can get stocked. Would be nice to catch one.

Attachments

• D93E284A-2BCF-4132-9721-9576243C9D7C.jpeg
    D93E284A-2BCF-4132-9721-9576243C9D7C.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 32
I caught one stocked by a local sport club. They received their fingerlings from the PFBC.
ADFBA413 BA93 4E40 B472 DD072D487C72

I caught one on the Brodhead, once in a lifetime I’m sure.

Has nothing to do with steelhead stocking just a rare skin pigmentation in them. This fish can’t be reproduce.

I wonder if they will do the same thing with these than they did with palameno's. It would be cool to see more of them.

I’m pretty sure its a genetic anomaly , the one I caught was brighter blue and silver than the one in the picture.

I wonder if they will do the same thing with these than they did with palameno's. It would be cool to see more of them.

This is purely genetic. They cant just go and "breed more".

This is purely genetic. They cant just go and "breed more".
"Genetic" means they can breed more. If blue coloration is a gene mutation that results in sterility, then breeding more would at least be more difficult.

It would be particularly interesting to see only blue and gold trout stocked in a body of water where the trout are readily visible. It would kinda be "truth in advertising", meaning the coloration would expose that the white trucks make temporary artificial fisheries.

Back