Bloggers?

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

to you guys that have blogs, wheres a good site to get one and customize it? i would like to do a blog similar to dubthethorax and fishingwiththesquatch just examples. thanks

You can either use blogspot or wordpress. There may be others, and I'm sure there are, I'm just not familiar with them.

I use blogspot. It's the only one I tried and haven't had any issues so far.

I've used both blogspot and wordpress. I never used blogspot til I started the new FFing blog, and I went w/ it because the other FFing blogs I read (Fiberglass Manifesto, Dub, theadvocation, etc.-with the exception of Turkey's "Trout Purgatory") use it. I still think Wordpress is more powerful and more customizable, especially if you know coding. Both are great for free services, though.

Pros and Cons of each..

Wordpress - More customizable, wider variety of templates, preferred more by advanced bloggers. Downside is you really have to be good with Java/PHP/CSS to really customize it the right way. You'll also get less traffic out the gates.

Blogger - Less customization options, but much easier to do basic customization. if you're coding isn't that great, this is the way to go. You also get more traffic since it's owned by Google.

I'd suggest starting with Blogger. You can always import it to Wordpress later down the road once you cut your teeth. Feel free to hit me up with any questions, I'd be more than happy to help, and I know it can be overwhelming to get it set up correctly out the gates.

i'm on blogger for there reasons mentioned above. i'm a scientist, not a computer scientist...

I had blogger before and it is nice with the app that they have as well. Since I put up my own website I do not use it anymore. I would go with blogger

I find wordpress to be much easier. I keep it simple and do not mess with customizations.

beerbyrnes wrote:
I find wordpress to be much easier. I keep it simple and do not mess with customizations.

I agree with Beer. I keep it simple. Mostly because I don't know what I'm doing.

I have used both, and really like blogger for a simple blog. If I was building a website for a company, or something more professional....I would totally go with wordpress

Back